The Italian nonstick pro chefs swear by, exclusive to us! Shop now »
🔕 🔔

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Looks like the recipe is calling for 1/2 pound ramps before trimming. I don't know how the ramps that you buy are packaged, but the ones we get here are often sold or kept with big clumps of dirt around the bulbs. If your ramps have a lot of dirt on them, I would clean that off before weighing them.

261aa0df 1c82 4ea9 a1d0 2284398562fe  andrea nguyen 2016b cropped credit genevieve pierson common thread creative
Andrea Nguyen

Andrea is a cooking teacher, food writer, contributing editor at Rodale's Organic Life, and a cookbook author; her latest book is The Banh Mi Handbook.

It all depends on how the ingredient line is written. If the instructions include cleaning the ramps then the assumption is that the weight is for the unprepped bunch. If the ingredient line reads "8 ounces trimmed ramps" then I'd buy 2 bunches and back into the weight. As Petitbleu noted, consider the dirt on the bulbs too!