A question about a recipe: Betty Wason's Basic Pot Roast

E502ee65 82ae 49e8 95c8 225cc970a39a  food52 05 07 13 1075

I have a question about the recipe "Betty Wason's Basic Pot Roast" from Genius Recipes. I'm not happy with my (3rd) slow cooker. Which one do you LOVE?

asked by BimboKay over 5 years ago

My dad got this one for my mom for Christmas a few years ago. At first, she thought he was crazy to spend that much, but now she is in love: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/all-clad-deluxe-slow-cooker-with-aluminum-insert/

The best part: it's truly one-pot. You can sear on the stovetop, then drop the insert into the slow-cooker, without having to do extra dishes.

I love my All Clad stovetop safe insert Slow Cooker.

I don't LOVE any slow cooker. But I'm pretty happy with my Cuisinart. Sometimes it travels in the trunk of my car. I don't use it that often but there are a few dishes that actually improve with it's use, like sometimes a pork shoulder cooked in a hotel room. I can also drag in an induction cooktop for browning.