A question about a recipe: Olive Oil Poached Fish or Shellfish

5e522673 5e4e 4e87 83c2 52358fce5056  4388616385 d0f110aeca o

I have a question about the recipe "Olive Oil Poached Fish or Shellfish" from amanda. Can the fish fish-not-shellfish be poached on the stovetop as well, or will the technique not work?

asked by Baguette & Beurre over 5 years ago

I think if you kept the heat very, very low and basted frequently, it would work fine!

cookinginvictoria

Food 52er aargersi won a Whole Foods Market cooking contest with this poached halibut and fennel recipe. The fish is poached in fennel and citrus flavored olive oil on the stove top. I made this a few weeks ago, and I can attest that it is super delicious! http://boulder.wholefoodsmarketcooking.com/recipes/14175_olive_oil_poached_halibut_and_fennel

Baguette & Beurre

Thanks! it's going on the Friday night menu! Next to the genius lentils.