🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chicken in Red Wine Vinegar Sauce

Bb065767 525c 46e0 b204 0c55f629b51e  v chicken

I have a question about the recipe "Chicken in Red Wine Vinegar Sauce" from ChefJune. Could I sub buttermilk into the recipe instead of cream fraiche or heavy cream? If so will the tangy flavor fight the vineagar?

asked by kmclark121 over 4 years ago

yea, i think so, but simmer/boil the buttermilk for a while to simmer first to get rid of the extra water content otherwise it may alter the texture of the sauce. maybe add a tiny bit of salt and sugar to even out the taste.

Dab49ca0 1e12 48c8 a723 6a57e5ee8d2a  img 20130324 000441 1

Thank you! I ended up going to purchase the heavy cream (I needed it for another recipe anyway). I was thinking the buttermilk would have been ok anyway since creme fraiche is just buttermilk & heavy cream. Thanks for your response!!