🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos

461c417c 97e4 4549 8c5d 51590195c87c  pork tacos

I have a question about the recipe "Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos" from merrill. Could I substitute a boneless pork loin for the pork shoulder?

asked by Sauertea about 4 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I don't recommend pork loin, as it will dry out and become tough -- you want to use a less lean cut that will soften as it cooks.

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Merrill's right--loin is a pretty lean cut, while shoulder (also called "butt" confusingly) is very fatty, which is why it's often used for slow-cooked pulled pork. I would stick with shoulder for recipes with a long cooking time like this one.