🔕 🔔

Is it necessary to buy self-rising flour or can I make my own using AP flour, baking powder, and salt? If so, what are the ratios?

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

asked about 4 years ago

What are you wanting to make? Are you using a recipe which calls for self-rising flour? The general ratio is 1 level cup of all-purpose flour to 1 teaspoon of double-acting baking powder to 1/2 teaspoon of salt.

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

I'm making a peach cobbler. I only make this recipe a few times in the summer and don't want to invest in a 5 lb. bag of flour that I likely will not use. Thank you for the reply!

Oh, good, that's very do-able! Smart of you not to buy something that will primarily take up space. Peach cobbler - the very words spell summer.