Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Honey-Lime Marinated Pineapple and Cheese Tarts

89db1222 8a48 4292 b001 ae0b039a40aa  dscf0904

I have a question about the recipe "Honey-Lime Marinated Pineapple and Cheese Tarts" from Kukla. I'm assuming you put the mint leaves in the marinade. Are they whole? Does one remove them when ready to bake? Are the tarts just flat pieces of puff pastry (or as flat as puff pastry is after cooking)?

asked by cincoymaya over 3 years ago
5861b4ad 965e 4a67 9c9c 76c273534f33  img 0001

The mint leaves are whole, and you discard them after simmering and reducing the marinade to a syrup consistency.
The puff pastry squares puff up while baking.
Please read carefully steps 3, 4, and 5 of the recipe.
When ready to bake, pour the pineapple slices and the marinade onto a large colander placed over a bowl; drain well, reserve the marinade and mint leaves.
While the tarts are baking, pour the marinade into a sauce pan, bring to boil, lower the heat and simmer until the marinade thickens to syrup consistency; then strain. When the tarts are done, brush the pineapples and pastry with the syrup.