A question about a recipe: Mint Julep Cream Pie

6278d4a9 baf8 4502 ba09 6498d5ce44f2  img 20120404 132924

I have a question about the recipe "Mint Julep Cream Pie" from ladykave. We don't consume alcohol, but this recipe intrigues me! Any suggestions for a substitute?

asked by Kate Christiansen over 5 years ago

That is a tough one, without the bourbon it would not be a mint julep pie but you can make it a mint cream/custard pie. You could sub milk or cream for the bourbon add the mint simple syrup and it would be a mint custard. It really does sound good, but difficult to find a sub for bourbon.

I agree with Suzanne about the difficulty of subbing a non alcoholic substance for bourbon, but you could make it into a mint tea pie by using 1/2 cup of strongly brewed black tea in place of the bourbon.