A question about a recipe: Mint Julep Cream Pie

I have a question about the recipe "Mint Julep Cream Pie" from ladykave. We don't consume alcohol, but this recipe intrigues me! Any suggestions for a substitute?

A5faf3f3 7d75 4054 a759 5062b112f869  stringio
Mint Julep Cream Pie
Recipe question for: Mint Julep Cream Pie

drbabs June 20, 2013
I agree with Suzanne about the difficulty of subbing a non alcoholic substance for bourbon, but you could make it into a mint tea pie by using 1/2 cup of strongly brewed black tea in place of the bourbon.

drbabs June 20, 2013

sdebrango June 19, 2013
That is a tough one, without the bourbon it would not be a mint julep pie but you can make it a mint cream/custard pie. You could sub milk or cream for the bourbon add the mint simple syrup and it would be a mint custard. It really does sound good, but difficult to find a sub for bourbon.