🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Lavender Caramel Ice Cream

4aabba5c cc0d 11e5 b80f 3c15c2d2bb38  47 full

I have a question about the recipe "Lavender Caramel Ice Cream" from ChefJune. Do you use fresh or dried lavender flowers for the ice cream?

asked by karin.anderson.52 over 4 years ago

You can use either. Just chop them up in the food processor along with the sugar. Hmmmm THAT's the ice cream I want to make this weekend. I've been so swamped this week. Thanks for jogging my brain.

1d0d675a 5598 44a5 865e 32730d2a1273  186003 1004761561 1198459 n

I have only made lavender ice cream once and it was delicious. I used fresh lavender from my garden and infused the milk.

83bb4d87 f2d8 4edd 944c 47730e72d1e3  open uri.24084

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I make Lavender Rolls with dried lavender (http://hanseata.blogspot...), but never thought about adding it to ice cream. That will be my next project.