A question about a recipe: Lavender Caramel Ice Cream

4a6cce6e cc0d 11e5 8e0d 3c15c2d2bb38  37 full

I have a question about the recipe "Lavender Caramel Ice Cream" from ChefJune. Do you use fresh or dried lavender flowers for the ice cream?

asked by karin.anderson.52 over 5 years ago

You can use either. Just chop them up in the food processor along with the sugar. Hmmmm THAT's the ice cream I want to make this weekend. I've been so swamped this week. Thanks for jogging my brain.

dymnyno

I have only made lavender ice cream once and it was delicious. I used fresh lavender from my garden and infused the milk.

karin.anderson.52

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I make Lavender Rolls with dried lavender (http://hanseata.blogspot.com/2011/07/hint-of-provence-lavender-bread.html), but never thought about adding it to ice cream. That will be my next project.