A question about a recipe: Banana, Coconut, Chocolate Chip Snack Cake

1a08f609 021f 4260 82ff d75db9825bf9  cp snackcake

I have a question about the recipe "Banana, Coconut, Chocolate Chip Snack Cake" from ATG117. Should the coconut oil be melted before adding it?

asked by Leigh9980 over 5 years ago

ATG117

I did not melt the coconut oil and it needn't be melted, but because I mixed the batter by hand, I stirred it around a bit in the measuring cup to soften it and make it a bit easier to incorporate. This is something I should clarify in the recipe, once I figure out how to edit recipes.

monique

Where I'm living coconut oil is not in solid form, rather in a bottle much like olive oil. So I didn't need to melt it, but I'm adding a pic of the loaf and it's texture after few changes i made (1/2 cup dark brown sugar,1/2 cup granulated sugar, 3 bananas...4.5 Tbsp coconut oil, 1-1/4 cup of flour mixed with 1/2 tsp of baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda)