A question about a recipe: Healthy Carrot Muffins

648a874f 25b5 4de5 ad4b a34f2dfa54ed  carrot muffins

I have a question about the recipe "Healthy Carrot Muffins" from Skinnyfatkid. What can I use in place of applesauce? Or can I just omit that?

asked by RizzaJenielle Go over 5 years ago

Might replace the applesauce with some oil or same amount of pineapple. If you omit the applesauce, you might get dry (er) dense muffins.

I'd use the same amount, exactly, of melted butter or safflower oil. Applesauce is often used as a substitute for oil to reduce the fat and calories in baked goods. The substitution should work in the other direction. ;o)

ATG117

Agreed. Definitely shouldn't just be skipped.