A question about a recipe: A Tribute to Woody (Homemade Ginger Ale Float)

I have a question about the recipe "A Tribute to Woody (Homemade Ginger Ale Float)" from inpatskitchen. weight for the ginger

• Posted by: ejm
  • July 21, 2013

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen July 21, 2013

Hi ejm! I've never weighed the ginger in this but according to a UK site I found I think the half cup of ginger would weigh about 2 ounces or 50 grams. Here's the link
http://www.cookipedia.co.uk/recipes_wiki/Ginger#How_much_does_one_cup_of_ginger_weigh.3F

Voted the Best Reply!

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich July 21, 2013

Hi ejm - while inpatskitchen is definitely the expert here, I just made this recipe for the first time yesterday and wanted to let you know that it's very forgiving. I doubled the recipe and stacked the ginger slices generously twice into the 1/2 cup measuring tool. Also, I made sure the ginger was very fresh and snapped when I broke it off. You will not be disappointed. This is an easy and delicious recipe. Also, make sure to use really high quality vanilla, I was pleasantly surprised how much the vanilla flavor came through. I make my own and it paid off in this recipe.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen July 21, 2013

Definitely agree with Trena! A little extra ginger is no problem and good quality vanilla is essential!

ejm
ejm July 21, 2013

thanks guys, also for the new resource. sorry for my brevity, typing one handed with a broken wrist these days - the ginger ale will be a nice treat!