A question about a recipe: Triple Berry Crumbles

029818ac 299c 4dcd bcdd 3d346f05f536  triple berry crumbles

I have a question about the recipe "Triple Berry Crumbles" from Lizthechef. What do I do with the 1/4 Cup flour with the berries?

asked by Steve Bayles about 5 years ago

ATG117

I'm assuming you're supposed to mix the flour in with the berries to thicken the juices, but frankly I'm not sure that is necessary since there is no pie crust to get soggy.

Steve Bayles

Yes, that would be my guess. Will it thicken it like cornstarch does? I want to try this in bulk, like it a 8 Qt. hotel pan. I'll let you know how it does!

PazzoNico

Could also be a typo; the directions don't mention the flour in the berry-mixture step.

http://lizthechef.com/2013/06/28/patriotic-berry-crumbles/

Check out the recipe instructions on her blog.