🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Aunt Mariah's Lemon Sponge Cups

D5c1c351 db82 42b9 941f 6ea13df107ef  ss020811f 133

I have a question about the recipe "Aunt Mariah's Lemon Sponge Cups" from ENunn. Can I substitute grapefruit for lemon in this?

asked by Kate over 4 years ago

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Absolutely! Any citrus should work. However, bear in mind that a grapefruit is likely to have a great deal more juice in it than a lemon (the recipe calls for 1 lemon). After some searching, I found that the average lemon contains about 3 tablespoons of juice. So, I would use 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice plus the grated rind of half the grapefruit.

Definitely will work, though my first substitution would probably be orange