A question about a recipe: Spinach and Shrimp Cornbread Skillet

C42119a7 5cbd 43f3 b2f0 e075b14243c5  shrimp and spinach cornbread

I have a question about the recipe "Spinach and Shrimp Cornbread Skillet" from shriekofnature. How much cornbread mix?

asked by Margaret Hunter over 5 years ago

ATG117

Hard to say. But you could maybe use a recipe like this, http://food52.com/recipes..., and swap out the chorizo for another mix-in of your choice

LE BEC FIN

thee are the recipe's ingreds but the author forgot to list the cornbread mix. Margaret I am GUESSING that if you looked at a box of Jiffy Cornbrd Mix, it would call for the following amounts of liquid, butter and eggs (the rest are just add-ins and you can play with them as you want.) If you don't have a box at home, You CAN find "make your own Jiffy cornbread mix' recipes on the web.

6 pieces Bacon
6 Eggs
1/2cup Milk
1/2cup Water
1/2cup Butter, melted and cooled
Hot pepper sauce to taste (I used Sriracha)
1 Onion, medium sized, diced
Spinach, fresh, about two handfuls
1pound Shrimp, large, chopped
1.5cups Montery Jack cheese, finely shredded
1.5cups Sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded