🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Grain-Free Banana Bread

E370b0b0 1c97 40e1 9fb0 3b0dbb082578  grain free banana bread ii

I have a question about the recipe "Grain-Free Banana Bread " from shauna.ahern. Pumpkin bread is my favorite... what flour would you recommend using for pumpkin bread?

asked by SuzyQueu about 4 years ago

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

Emili - If you don't already have your own GF flour mix preference, I'd recommend going to Shauna's website -- Gluten Free Girl and the Chef -- and reading her posts about different flour blends. I think you will find all the info you need there. Alternately, if you've been baking GF for awhile (as many of us have), you probably already have your own preferred blend, why not use that? Finally, you could always use one of the "All Purpose" blends available in the store (Bob's; Pamela's; or King Arthur).

Bd20a8e1 dcae 4796 9496 87f59c3fe76a  image dsc1105

Thanks! I am actually a newbie to GF baking :)

No worries -- in that case, do give Gluten Free Girl and the Chef a good read. She has many, many fabulous tips. Also, her food style tends towards a "whole grain" perspective, for baking that is more "traditional" (?? not sure I'm characterizing this well and I certainly mean no disrespect to either style -- just noting that they are different) try "Gluten Free on a Shoestring". There are a number of really great websites for investigating more about baking GF, and determining a flour blend that works well for you and best suits your palate. Gluten-Free Goddess is another good one. I know there are many more great sites, so it is worth asking others which they like and doing your own investigation. Good luck!

Thank you for the great information!