A question about a recipe: Chilled Tomato Peach Soup

346dbf9a 75ab 412a 8c2e d0e021982f0d  y75a6814

I have a question about the recipe "Chilled Tomato Peach Soup" from Beth Kirby | {local milk}. Haven't made the soup yet, but plan to for a holiday lunch. My question is, the photo makes the soup look creamy; would it suffer from less cream, or even just using the cream as a swirled in garnish? I'm looking for something light. Thanks!

asked by Baguette & Beurre about 5 years ago

Using the cream just as garnish will just the flavor of the soup but that might be fine. Keep in mind you will also be losing 2/3 cup liquid which you might need to make up somewhere else. If you'd like to avoid the cream, maybe you'd like to make a peach gazpacho. Here's one I like: http://www.marthastewart...