🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Heavenly Apple Cake

5e51138e feda 4397 8c77 e5fbff82348f  2013 0819 jenny heavenly apple cake 027

I have a question about the recipe "Heavenly Apple Cake" from Veronica. It is unclear whether I add the calvados to the batter or discard it.

asked by Jestei about 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Usually when you "plump" fruit you discard the plumping liquid, which is what I would do in the this case

Good Calvados flavored with figs....I would sip it slowly and smile

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Hope Veronica weighs in. That recipe is a riot! How many times does she warn us that the cake is ugly?! Anyway, it sound like she's planning on the dates slurping up pretty much all the Calvados, so unless they're really soupy, I'd go ahead and dump it all in. Hope you're having a glass on the side.

I soaked my dates in Stone's Ginger Wine. The dates soaked up most of the liquid. I dumped everything into the batter and my cake was delicious!