A question about a recipe: Arugula, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette

I have a question about the recipe "Arugula, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette" from brigidc. I couldn't find pomegranate molasses. Can I make it by mixing pomegrantes and molasses?

Monita September 2, 2013

Pomegranate molasses is really a concentrated form of pom juice with sugar and lemon juice. Here's a recipe for making your own
http://www.foodnetwork...

pierino September 2, 2013

I agree with Monita. It's one of those lost in translation bits of nomenclature. But that said, it's not terribly hard to find in gourmet stores or on-line.

susan g September 2, 2013

The pomegranate molasses I have found in Middle Eastern or Indian stores has only pomegranate as its ingredient -- just reduced juice.

lloreen
lloreen September 3, 2013

If you have an actual pomegranate, remove the seeds, cover in water, add a few tbs of sugar and simmer for about an hour. Then strain. It is not pomegranate molasses but it is delicious and I've done this for this recipe. You are basically making a simple syrup with pomegranate flavor.