🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Arugula, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette

880a7a11 2228 4f92 8eed 8c129e59ab85  more salad

I have a question about the recipe "Arugula, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette" from brigidc. I couldn't find pomegranate molasses. Can I make it by mixing pomegrantes and molasses?

asked by jodee martin almost 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Pomegranate molasses is really a concentrated form of pom juice with sugar and lemon juice. Here's a recipe for making your own
http://www.foodnetwork...

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

I agree with Monita. It's one of those lost in translation bits of nomenclature. But that said, it's not terribly hard to find in gourmet stores or on-line.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

The pomegranate molasses I have found in Middle Eastern or Indian stores has only pomegranate as its ingredient -- just reduced juice.

671b6c39 4898 435f 92c5 89cd9b925088  img 3788

If you have an actual pomegranate, remove the seeds, cover in water, add a few tbs of sugar and simmer for about an hour. Then strain. It is not pomegranate molasses but it is delicious and I've done this for this recipe. You are basically making a simple syrup with pomegranate flavor.