IT'S EASIEST, FASTEST, BEST WEEK! (WAIT, LITERALLY?) READ MORE »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: SAGE HONEY BRINED ROAST CHICKEN

56e614ae 6480 41bb 9f0f 6430a2a44e51  l1010104

I have a question about the recipe "SAGE HONEY BRINED ROAST CHICKEN" from dymnyno. Has anyone tried this with regular honey and more sage? I want to make this tomorrow so mail ordering sage honey is out... thanks

asked by marcusklein about 3 years ago
8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

I haven't made this chicken recipe. But what you might dry is creating your own sage honey. If you're going to roast the chicken tomorrow, then today mix 2 coarsely chopped sage leaves with a 1/2 cup honey and place in air tight jar with cover. Let it stand overnight; but turn it over if the leaves fall to the bottom. Strain it before using. Then use the amt of sage leaves called for in the recipe. The honey may not be as "sagey" as sage honey but will add some sage flavoring.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I haven't tried this recipe (it looks great!) but I wouldn't hesitate to make it with another honey. And there are so many sage leaves in the recipe, that I wouldn't go through the process that Monita describes or add extra sage, I'd just substitute another honey and proceed.