A question about a recipe: Black Bean and Quinoa Veggie Burgers

E809114b 6e1e 48a8 bb72 c43d25931580  2013 0910 cp black bean quinoa burgers 003

I have a question about the recipe "Black Bean and Quinoa Veggie Burgers" from Sonali aka the Foodie Physician. How much cooked quinoa typically results from cooking 1/2 cup dry quinoa?

asked about 5 years ago

1/2 cup of dry quinoa equals 2 cups of cooked quinoa.

healthierkitchen

In looking around online I've seen NYT say 1:4 and the Kitchn say 1:3. My guess is that different types swell more and it probably also depends on how long you cook it. I tend to drain mine as soon as the endosperm shows maybe 10 - 12 minutes rather than letting it go longer and absorb more. Also, I think the cream colored quinoa I have swells more than the red I have.

Sonali aka the Foodie Physician

It's roughly 1 1/2 cups cooked.

These Impossibly Fudgy Chocolate Cakes Have One Big Secret

No butter, no oil -- just one magical ingredient.

Genius Chocolate Cake

Inspired by Chef Bryant Ng's creamy classic.

30-Minute Chickpea Curry

Let's settle this once and for all, shall we?

The Best Carbonara, According to an Italian Chef

What's New in the Neighborhood

Holiday recipes from The German-Jewish cookbook

Break the Yom Kippur Fast with Salad