A question about a recipe: Toasted Goat Cheese Crostini with Basil and Red Onion Jam

26b336f9 0fdf 4023 978a d31d18923fc2  food52 04 02 2013 1504

I have a question about the recipe "Toasted Goat Cheese Crostini with Basil and Red Onion Jam" from Merrill Stubbs. What would be a good substitute for goat cheese in this recipe?

asked about 5 years ago

That person is in my family, too. I think I'd use whipped cream cheese, maybe with some basil finely minced into it.

How about a non-goat fromage blanc? http://www.foodnetwork...

Drain some ricotta in cheesecloth for a few hours to thicken it up. Milder than goat cheese, but still in the neighborhood.

healthierkitchen

If you can find Israeli feta, it is milder than many other types.