🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Toasted Goat Cheese Crostini with Basil and Red Onion Jam

26b336f9 0fdf 4023 978a d31d18923fc2  food52 04 02 2013 1504

I have a question about the recipe "Toasted Goat Cheese Crostini with Basil and Red Onion Jam" from Merrill Stubbs. What would be a good substitute for goat cheese in this recipe?

asked about 4 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

That person is in my family, too. I think I'd use whipped cream cheese, maybe with some basil finely minced into it.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

How about a non-goat fromage blanc? http://www.foodnetwork...

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Drain some ricotta in cheesecloth for a few hours to thicken it up. Milder than goat cheese, but still in the neighborhood.

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

If you can find Israeli feta, it is milder than many other types.