🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chocolate Dump-It Cake

33901f8b dab8 4ac5 8d01 7bf897aa6a96  2015 0122 chocolate dump it cake james ransom 008

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Dump-It Cake" from Amanda Hesser. My chocolate,butter, water mixture looks like its not blended together. Is this ok?

asked by Anitac over 4 years ago

Hi anitac. I've made this cake several times, and I can't picture what you mean. Do you just need to blend it better? Did you leave out the sugar? I think once you mix in the milk and eggs, it will all emulsify and be fine.

Anitac

Thanks so much for your answer. It looked blended in the bowl but when it went up the sides you could see that the chocolate and the butter were separate. Does that make sense? Did you cake have a rough looking texture on top? About to pull out of oven will let you know!

It does make sense--I hope it turns out ok. (It's delicious.)