A question about a recipe: Yotam Ottolenghi & Sami Tamimi's Basic Hummus

97f238b6 cd1f 4d5a b498 b53e9026042c  9248254237 0089ba87ed z

I have a question about the recipe "Yotam Ottolenghi & Sami Tamimi's Basic Hummus" from Genius Recipes. Can this hummus be frozen? Time is at a premium here, so when I make anything, I always ask if I can double or triple the recipe, to freeze. In fact, with the boys gone, we won't consume even a single batch in three days. Thanks, everyone! ;o)

asked almost 5 years ago

Turbeville Green

I'd like to know if I can freeze hummus in general and also this recipe of course.

Thank you, Pegeen! Will be making some of this over the weekend. ;o)

De nada. I look forward to your holiday recipes!

Pegeen, just to follow up . . . I made a huge batch (there's a funny story here, for another day), and put in the freezer 4 pints, about two weeks ago. We defrosted one yesterday and it's absolutely perfect. I delayed stirring in more lemon juice (the basic recipe is just not lemony enough for me) and drizzling olive oil over it, until after freezing and thawing. It's so good! And I wouldn't touch hummus -- just could not stand the stuff -- until I tried this recipe. Thanks again! ;o)