A question about a recipe: Vegan Chocolate Layer Cake with Creamy Chocolate Filling

F14ecf39 8aa5 414b 9d70 936fbe02face  2013 0924 gena vegan chocolate cake 005

I have a question about the recipe "Vegan Chocolate Layer Cake with Creamy Chocolate Filling" from Gena Hamshaw. Does the ganache taste like coconut because of the half-cup of coconut milk? Do we use full fat or low fat coconut milk? Lastly, can we sub soy or almond milk instead or would it not come out as creamy?

asked by Somia about 5 years ago

I make ganache with vanilla soy milk and it turns out great. Not sure about the fa% for the coconut milk

Trees

I made the ganache with lite coconut milk, and it turned out fine. It definitely tasted mostly of chocolate, not coconut. I found the ganache to be extremely runny at first, though it set up perfectly after being refrigerated overnight.