🔕 🔔

Any tricks for stirring rock hard Tahini?

I have a new jar of Tahini. Great news, except now I have to stir it. I'm not exactly weak, however blending the oil layer with the stiff Tahini paste is a pain. Anyone have any tips for making this chore easier? Thank you!

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

asked almost 4 years ago

No tricks; a butter knife and elbow grease (and patience).

The only other thing I can think of is to scoop the whole thing out into a food processor and let it rip.

Or maybe dip the jar in some warm/hot water to loosen it up.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Check out the same question here
http://food52.com/hotline...

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

If the jar is the same lid size as a peanut butter jar use this:
http://www.amazon.com/Witmer...

Another tip is when you first buy it store it upside down a while...and flip it every time you see it. It'll mix on its own after a week or so.