A question about a recipe: Fig and Blue Cheese Savouries

139fbc2a a6aa 4bed a036 2df768e3d391  2015 1109 thumbprint cookies bluecheese and fig preserves alpha smoot 267

I have a question about the recipe "Fig and Blue Cheese Savouries" from TheRunawaySpoon. Is there an alternate to the blue cheese? I have a guest who is allergic to the mold in blue cheese. I want to do these again for Thanksgiving as they are so simple to do ahead and so yummy! I love them as is - and if possible will make 2 versions. Thank you.

asked by Georgetown-DC about 5 years ago

darksideofthespoon

I'd try goat cheese!

dinner at ten
dinner at ten

dinner at ten is a trusted home cook.

I like amysarah's idea of a sharp cheddar. In that case I might go with apple or quince instead of fig to better complement the cheddar flavor.

Yum to a sharp cheddar. Or an aged Gruyere/Comte. And maybe with Quince jam or orange marmalade with the Comte? Now thinking of that great cheese - Midnight Moon (from Cypress Grove). It's a sheeps cheese. And it would be great with blueberry jam.

Regine

Use feta cheese or queso fresco

JanaVee

I substitute goat cheese for blue cheese if I want to share something with my husband. If I want it all to myself I load on the Maytag Blue.

melissav

I've made this with manchego and a red pepper jelly.