A question about a recipe: Fig and Blue Cheese Savouries

I have a question about the recipe "Fig and Blue Cheese Savouries" from TheRunawaySpoon. Is there an alternate to the blue cheese? I have a guest who is allergic to the mold in blue cheese. I want to do these again for Thanksgiving as they are so simple to do ahead and so yummy! I love them as is - and if possible will make 2 versions. Thank you.

139fbc2a a6aa 4bed a036 2df768e3d391  2015 1109 thumbprint cookies bluecheese and fig preserves alpha smoot 267
Recipe question for: Fig and Blue Cheese Savouries

Voted the Best Reply!

amysarah October 4, 2013

I'd think you could use grated good sharp cheddar. I haven't used this recipe, but I've made similar savory bites, using cheddar and chutney, or other fruit jam, and it works well.

darksideofthespoon
darksideofthespoon October 4, 2013

I'd try goat cheese!

dinner at ten
dinner at ten October 4, 2013

I like amysarah's idea of a sharp cheddar. In that case I might go with apple or quince instead of fig to better complement the cheddar flavor.

ChefJune October 4, 2013

Yum to a sharp cheddar. Or an aged Gruyere/Comte. And maybe with Quince jam or orange marmalade with the Comte? Now thinking of that great cheese - Midnight Moon (from Cypress Grove). It's a sheeps cheese. And it would be great with blueberry jam.

Regine
Regine October 4, 2013

Use feta cheese or queso fresco

JanaVee
JanaVee October 4, 2013

I substitute goat cheese for blue cheese if I want to share something with my husband. If I want it all to myself I load on the Maytag Blue.

melissav
melissav October 4, 2013

I've made this with manchego and a red pepper jelly.