A question about a recipe: A Tribute to Woody (Homemade Ginger Ale Float)

64142daa 5a23 4bf2 8b73 4851c35a9341  060711f 301

I have a question about the recipe "A Tribute to Woody (Homemade Ginger Ale Float)" from inpatskitchen. How much does this make for bottled ginger ale? What is the conversion if I want to make the syrup for use in a 2 liter bottle of carbonated water?

asked by BurgeoningBaker almost 5 years ago

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Hi BurgeoningBaker! The cup of ginger syrup will make about 1 1/2 quarts of gingerale so I'd double the recipe for 2 liters of carbonated water even though you may have leftover syrup.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

And if you just wanted to make the ginger ale itself, not the float or shake, how much syrup to what quantity of soda for an 8-oz glass?

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I think you need just under 3 tablespoons per 8 ounces of soda.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Thank you so much!

BurgeoningBaker

So for 2 liters I will need approx 1.5 cups of the syrup.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

That seems about right.

BurgeoningBaker

Sorry the above answer is based on the math in the original recipe for 3 cups of seltzer to 1/2 cup of syrup.