A question about a recipe: The (Not Barefoot) Contessa's Fish Pasta

0afceb53 8c13 4b96 82ba 45235cf98176  fishpastalowres 2417

I have a question about the recipe "The (Not Barefoot) Contessa's Fish Pasta " from fisheri. 2 questions: dry or sweet white wine? what color/type olives? Thanks!

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

asked about 5 years ago

I would suggest using dry white wine and the oil cured olives appear black.

msmely

Wine in a recipe with fish is usually to cut the fishy flavor and not so much to add sweetness. Dry white wine is probably better but if all you have on hand isn't terribly dry, taste afterwards and adjust the acidity as necessary, such as with some white wine vinegar or lemon juice.

The most common kind of oil-cured olive is black. They have a particular shriveled look to them, like big raisins.