🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chickpea Fries with Yogurt Dipping Sauce

21a8f3d9 1ec0 44de a613 dca8036b239b  2013 1001 wc chickpea fries 010

I have a question about the recipe "Chickpea Fries with Yogurt Dipping Sauce" from Justforlicks. What is the best vegetable oil for this recipe? I 'm not an experienced deep fryer and want to do it right, because I imagine these are very good.

asked by petalpusher almost 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

A vegetable oil is best

Please Monita, what kind of vegetable oil?

Monita, please what kind of vegetable oil was used for the photo of the perfect looking chick pea fries?

I'm not sure as I didn't develop the recipe but generally speaking any vegetable oil will be ok. The real key is keeping the oil at an even temperature. This recipe doesn't given a temperature for frying but if you have a thermometer that can go in oil then use it to keep the oil at around 365 degreesF. If you don't have one then watch your fries so that they don;t brown on the outside too quickly. Keep adjusting your flame so that the fries cook evenly

Here's a helpful Food52 column on the best oil for frying:
http://food52.com/blog...

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

My suggestion would be peanut oil or corn oil. The thing to keep in mind is that it needs to be an oil with a high smoke point. I would take it a little higher than Monita to 375F. Use a candy thermometer, they're cheap.