🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Almond Joy Candy Bars

386e5e68 5a26 4851 b840 ed92ec7d5261  img 0831 2

I have a question about the recipe "Almond Joy Candy Bars" from Kristin Rosenau. Would it be possible to substitute the coconut with peeled almonds, to make a sort of marzipan filling?

asked by adam about 4 years ago

05742d15 f143 41f6 9974 460746cef397  a602199a08f4439cf1fc247db4d36021 1

Instead of substituting directly, I would likely make a marzipan filling according to a recipe for marzipan, and substitute the marzipan itself for the coconut filling. Substituting only one ingredient and not the rest is liable to affect the results. Marzipan doesn't typically include the coconut oil, so I'd be worried that substituting only the coconut and keeping the coconut oil would result in an oily mess.