🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: You Won't Believe it's Vegan Pumpkin Pie

Aa0bafd0 7c34 4b13 b913 2723ee9432e5  food52 10 31 12 5721

I have a question about the recipe "You Won't Believe it's Vegan Pumpkin Pie" from Gena Hamshaw. Are there any substitutes for tapioca starch and blackstrap molasses? Thanks :)

asked by Rachel C. almost 4 years ago

67da29df 0253 44dd 98a1 250b49e519a4  hilary sp1

Hi Rachel-
You could probably substitute arrowroot powder or cornstarch for the tapioca starch, since they are acting as thickening agents in this recipe.
If it were me, I wouldn't sub out the blackstrap molasses, since it is acting as a flavoring agent in the pie. You could use regular molasses, sorghum or maple syrup-- all three will add a different flavor profile to the recipe.