🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Vanilla Fig Scones

79ebd4cc 70a1 4537 aeb5 19008ec15b27  8207848790 9f8b8e3c71 z

I have a question about the recipe "Vanilla Fig Scones" from fiveandspice. I don't have creme fraiche, but I do have cream. Could I use all cream in this scone recipe? Is the sourness and thickness of the creme fraiche important?

asked by Leslie about 4 years ago

926ee962 060e 44e6 a1d9 878262f34bf8  image

1/4 buttermilk with greek yogurt should work with a similar effect.

Bf9d103f f89c 4113 9802 320193576af6  photo 3

If I had cream but no creme fraiche, I would absolutely substitute. If you add a bit of lemon juice and let it sit for a few minutes, it will thicken up and taste a little tangy. In any case, since you're making a substituion, you'll want to gauge the quantity of cream you use based on how the scone dough comes together, not just based on the measured quantity.