🔕 🔔

65fc4a06 460e 4c2c a3cb cf65fde7b8aa  ready steady cook

I have to do this ready steady cook type competition and have to make a TWO course meal with the following ingrediants;

I MUST Use These Ingrediants,

Dark Choclate
Goats Cheese
Mushrooms
Pre cut Butternut Squash
Minced Beef
Chillies
Green Beans
Leeks
Pineapple Rings
Banana / Pear

I CAN Use these Ingrediants,

Salt
Pepper
Vegi Stock Cubes
Oregano
Basil
Nutmeg
Vanilla
Ready Made Puff Pastery
Butter
Milk
Corn Flour
Sugar
Oil
Garlic
Worcester Sauce
Eggs
Golden Syrup
Coco
Flour or Rice Flour
Onions
Rice
Pasta
Sieved Tomatoes
Cheese
Tortilla Wraps

I really hope you can help me as the competion is tomorrow at 7:30, Thank-you very much.

From MrGadgetUk

asked by mrgadgetuk almost 7 years ago

07ee6775 4f67 4ff5 aa78 ae7249feebc7  image003

I would put the following together : butternut squash, mushrooms ,the beef, the chillies, the leeks, garlic, oregano, . Perhaps make a filling for the tortilla wraps. Perhaps use the choc., stock cubes and tomatoes for a sauce that goes on top and sprinkle w/ the cheese then bake it. Top with a few shreds of the green beans just for looks. This would make a delicious "southwestern/mexican" style dish. Make a simple fruit dessert using the pineapple, banana, pear and syrup maybe dusted lightly w/ nutmeg.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

How about some sort of meatball soup/stew with a goat cheese, chocolate and fruit tart or napoleon for dessert? You could make meatballs with the minced beef, finely torn tortilla wraps, eggs, and some seasoning, Make the soup with the required veggies, the stock cubes, & seasonings. You could use the puff pastry sheets to make a tart or napoleon. Good luck!

I would use the banana and cooked pear pureed into buttercake batter to make pineapple upsidedown cake.

How about chili type dish with the minced beef? You can use the chiles, additional spices like cumin and oregano, grated chocolate, worcester sauce, leeks and sieved tomato. This could be made into empanadas, or a tamale pie with the cornmeal or wrapped in tortillas with goat cheese inside. Then you can make a butternut squash rice pilaf or risotto, using the mushrooms (or they could be in the beef) and the diced green beans.

Fc23ea4b 9ae1 494e 8a6f ba43f6488062  me by barbara tyroler

I can envision a sort of Sheperd's Pie with the minced beef, mushrooms, tomatoes, and leeks, oregano and garlic for the filling, and butternut squash whipped with goat's cheese for the topping. Green beans on the side.

The second course could be banana and pineapple in chocolate fondue. Maybe some puff paste palmieres to accompany.

PS-You will let us know what you do, won't you, Mr. Gadget?

72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

Do you need to use all the products or just what you want? You have a veritable 23 course El Bulli meal in that pantry.