🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Butternut Squash Puree

6efaa2db ed97 4c18 8f6c 98e596351892  030111f 238

I have a question about the recipe "Butternut Squash Puree" from Amanda Hesser. How would this do cooked in advance and frozen (waiting to add the cream until serving)? Thanks, everyone. ;o)

asked almost 4 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Seems like it would work just fine. I've frozen roasted squash purée, and it holds up well.

Thank you, HLA. I also roast and freeze with success. I'm just not sure about the poaching in oil. This recipe is great, by the way. Looking forward to making it again. ;o) P.S. I'll probably test this if I don't hear back from anyone who's actually done it. I'm thinking about serving this on Thanksgiving.