A question about a recipe: Aunt Mariah's Lemon Sponge Cups

D5c1c351 db82 42b9 941f 6ea13df107ef  ss020811f 133

I have a question about the recipe "Aunt Mariah's Lemon Sponge Cups" from ENunn. I'd like to make these, but can't eat wheat. What might I use as a replacement for the flour? Would cornstarch work?

asked by Lori about 5 years ago

SeaJambon

Hi Lori - I haven't made this recipe, but do a lot of GF cooking. It sounds like the flour is really there to give it the "sponge" and think cornstarch would work but you'd have a different texture (probably more of a true pudding). I'd try the cornstarch and see what you think -- you may have a winner like that! But if you really want to duplicate the recipe as closely as possible, you'd probably be best off using a GF AP flour as the replacement.