A question about a recipe: Shirley Corriher's Touch-of-Grace Biscuits

Dfe6cd02 7763 4892 b1f1 3d9972cd9fbb  food52 12 20 11 4851

I have a question about the recipe "Shirley Corriher's Touch-of-Grace Biscuits" from Genius Recipes. Has anyone made these with butter or coconut oil instead of shortening?

asked by Eva almost 5 years ago

You could substitute any solid fat for the shortening -- in fact, when I read through the comment threads on the post and recipe to check if others had, I saw that I'd made them with bacon fat (which I'd forgotten!) with good results!

Yes. They taste great with butter, but coconut oil tends to hijack the flavor profile.

Eva
Eva

Thank you both so much!