🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Shirley Corriher's Touch-of-Grace Biscuits

Dfe6cd02 7763 4892 b1f1 3d9972cd9fbb  food52 12 20 11 4851

I have a question about the recipe "Shirley Corriher's Touch-of-Grace Biscuits" from Genius Recipes. Has anyone made these with butter or coconut oil instead of shortening?

asked by Eva almost 4 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

You could substitute any solid fat for the shortening -- in fact, when I read through the comment threads on the post and recipe to check if others had, I saw that I'd made them with bacon fat (which I'd forgotten!) with good results!

Yes. They taste great with butter, but coconut oil tends to hijack the flavor profile.

15bd1a6c bf81 4077 8365 a7898c550828  thin man nick nora charles
Eva

Thank you both so much!