A question about a recipe: Grandma Bercher's Cinnamon Rolls

8409a730 5569 4406 8bdc 56e91983aa15  cinnamon rolls e2013 ladomestique

I have a question about the recipe "Grandma Bercher's Cinnamon Rolls" from la domestique. I have a hard time figuring out when cinnamon rolls have doubled in size. Any tips? Thanks!

asked by pamelalee about 5 years ago

Stephanie Bourgeois
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

I like to give any yeasted bread a poke to see if it has risen enough. If it springs back just slightly but holds the indent, it has risen enough.

sfmiller

I eyeball it or poke as Stephenie suggested, myself. But you could take something like a chopstick, mark the height of the rolls before rising, then put another mark at twice that height.