vegetarian burritos - what are your favorite ingredients?

I want to make homemade vegetarian burritos and I was hoping the Food52 community might be able to help me come up with some new additions to my regular rice and beans. To be clear, I'm happy with the black beans and rice that I currently use, I'd like some of your favorite add-ons e.g. salsa, guacamole, condiments, pickles. Please share - Thank you!

CelliSean December 14, 2013
I love putting leftover chinese food in my burritos! Or a tofu scramble with veggies and potatoes to make a breakfast burrito.

A little late, but I love tempeh cooked with a little veggie broth, liquid smoke, garlic, maple syrup and soy sauce until glossy. That is good with everything - on sandwiches, as "bacon" with breakfast, burritos, you name it.

Trena H. December 3, 2013
Thanks to everyone for all of your great ideas! I decided to try making a homemade hot sauce out of a jar of hot peppers I've been fermenting and it was delicious with the rice and beans. I took about 10 peppers and rough chopped them, added a bit of filtered water and white wine vinegar, and blended well with my immersion blender. Delicious!

curiouskate December 3, 2013
If I know I'm having a busy week, I'll cook up all my ingredients on one night and eat leftovers all week. I try to recreate the "chipotle burrito bowl" so I make rice, black beans, corn, sauteed green peppers and onions, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole. I could eat this every day forever

Catherine B. December 3, 2013
sautee mushrooms and spinach (or other leafy greens)with cumin, garlic, a little chili powder, salt and pepper. Add your black beans and rice. Top with queso fresco. YUM! I like it simple.

CarlaCooks December 3, 2013
I love to roast cubed sweet potato, zucchini, bell peppers, and onions (and jalapenos if you like it spicy) with olive oil, salt, and cumin. Once they are roasted, I toss them in lime juice and chopped cilantro, then add black beans. Super yummy and filling vegetarian burrito! Add a little creme fraiche and avacados and you're in heaven :)

healthierkitchen December 1, 2013
sauteed chard, pickled onions, shredded cotija, black beans

healthierkitchen December 1, 2013

healthierkitchen December 1, 2013

healthierkitchen December 1, 2013

healthierkitchen December 1, 2013

healthierkitchen December 1, 2013

healthierkitchen December 1, 2013

sexyLAMBCHOPx November 30, 2013
Shredded & marinated kale & Brussels sprouts with crumbled cojita cheese is good and different. Had it in a soft taco and it was delicious!

Stephanie G. November 30, 2013
Try this: roasted sweet potato puree, hummus,tahini sauce

ZombieCupcake November 30, 2013
Black beans, mushrooms, in a coconut cream sauce, top with brown rice, sprouts, arugula, thinly slice red onion, avocado, greek yogurt and roasted salsa verde...

lilroseglow November 30, 2013
roasted sweet potatoes or butternut squash with black beans makes for awesome burritos.

HalfPint November 30, 2013
Potatoes, any variety and cooked in any way.
A tofu scramble, made with herbs and/or spices also makes a nice filling for a burrito.

pierino November 30, 2013
Okay, this is my contribution http://food52.com/recipes/23275-the-hot-burrito-trilogy-2-the-gilded-palace-of-sin Although the recipe calls for pork belly (which is really good) you can leave that out if you prefer.
Eggs are also really good in burritos unless you are a vegan.

Felicia M. November 29, 2013
Everything really. Tzatziki, hummus, sun dried tomatoes, roasted peppers, fresh leafy greens like mustard greens or kale or baby spinach, grilled tofu etc...

Trena H. November 29, 2013
MTMitchell - The grilled vegetables sound delicious! Do you use any particular spices? I like to thin Greek yogurt to simulate sour cream.

MTMitchell November 29, 2013
We have a little restaurant in town and I always get their veggie burrito because in addition to beans, rice and salsa they put all kinds of grilled veggies -- onions, summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers -- and lots of avocado slices. So whenever I have leftover grilled veggies I try to recreate their burrito.

SUE November 29, 2013
To my rice I like to add chopped plum tomatoes & fresh jalapenos & radishes, ripe olives, a handful of frozen corn, and lots of shredded cheddar/pepperjack. Sometimes its nice to skip the usual black beans and add a smear of canned refried beans to help it all stick together.