🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: "Great Pumpkin" Truffles

B351b26e 2b5e 46ab bd98 7f4c1ce324e4  truffles 3

I have a question about the recipe ""Great Pumpkin" Truffles" from Oui, Chef. Is is possible to make these then freeze them? I'd like to make some to ship to friends, and I'm hoping freezing them will help them last longer. Thanks for your help!

asked by CarlaCooks about 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

You could freeze them but it may cause discoloration of the chocolate

69d2403d 88f4 4b72 b0b9 84a21f4d0561  img 1445

Thanks for your response, Monita. I think I'll just keep them in the fridge and hope for the best :)

Hopefully someone with more chocolate expertise than me can weigh in, but I think refrigeration may have the same discoloration effect as freezing. It's about the change in temperature. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the optimal way is to store them.

I don't generally ship truffles, and when I do, it's 2nd day air. Depends upon how you finish your truffles. If you go traditional and roll them in cocoa, (ir even ground nuts, powdered sugar or coconut) you can refrigerate them just fine, because the appearance will not be affected. If you've dipped them in tempered chocolate, you may experience some bloom on the coating.