A question about a recipe: Mustard-Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Sauce Robert

01af83f8 133a 4429 9211 648f866575ee  dsc 0015

I have a question about the recipe "Mustard-Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Sauce Robert" from thirschfeld. I was going to replace the wine with chicken broth? Any creative and tasty suggestions besides alcohol? Verjus, more beef broth, vinegar, etc?

I may need more coffee but I can only think of one thing you haven't already mentioned, to use some demi glace in place of the 1/2 cup of white wine. For this sauce, you could buy a very small amount, dilute with a little water and sub for the white wine. I happen to like this vendor because they sell in very small quantitites.
http://www.morethangourmet...

Whole Foods is now carrying MTG stocks in quart containers, as well. It's a quality product.

I know Williams-Sonoma, Dean & Deluca, etc. carries demi-glacé too, but I'm not sure they sell smaller quantities like the company above.

That's a great idea that completely escaped me! My local gourmet market sells homemade beef demi glace and I believe that very brand. Making this is a couple of hours, so off I go to purchase. Thank you.

Would love to know how it comes out. Am thinking of making it too.