A question about a recipe: Strata with Sausage and Greens

Bcb20aec 3014 4763 8642 642b139d7176  2013 1203 clara strata 015

I have a question about the recipe "Strata with Sausage and Greens" from Merrill Stubbs. Can I bake in the morning and reheat later in the day? Need to transfer to another location but can't bake it there due to no oven space. I can reheat it though since I'm guessing it'll take less time in the oven. I'll only have about a 15 minute oven window available to me.

asked by liz about 5 years ago

Even if you've baked it thoroughly earlier in the day, 15 minutes in the oven will not be enough to heat it through. OTOH, some stratas are delicious at room temp. I'm hoping Merrill will weigh in on that factor for this one. So if you bake it just before leaving, and carry it to its destination HOT, I'm thinking it will be tasty served at the temp it will be when you get there. The ones I've made have worked well that way.

That might work, but because of the sausage I'd like to know: 1) how far you'll be traveling and 2) how long the strata would sit at room temperature before serving?

liz
liz

Hi, I'm traveling about 45 minutes and the strata would probably sit for a couple hours after that.. There will be an electric roaster available. Could I use that to bake it? :)

Do you own a toaster oven? If so, bring it with you and plug in at your destination to heat up.

Patti in Mississippi

Bring it cold and use the electric roaster. That is my backup oven for holidays and big meals.