The pie emoji is coming! Hear how we helped change history. »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Flamin' Cajun Shrimp

Cc6bf5b3 6c6f 4874 84aa f298a4e03501  2016 1215 flamin cajun shrimp james ransom 114

I have a question about the recipe "Flamin' Cajun Shrimp" from fiveandspice. How do you feel about me using the little scissors-style shrimp de-veining tool I bought at Williams-Sonoma to cut down the back of each shrimp? I'm thinking that besides de-veining, it will make them easier to peel after cooking, and will allow more sauce to penetrate. This sounds really good. I am definitely going to try this with a friend, along with the scallops with the scallion/tarragon/creme fraiche sauce. Both recipes sound right up my alley.

asked by JohnL over 3 years ago
68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

While I use a sharp paring knife to de-vein shrimp, your tool sounds very good also. I always think you should use whatever tool you're most comfortable with that gets the job done. Enjoy!

Deac5e85 ab6c 4739 826e c35688e6f154  l1020855

I also use scissors to remove the heads on "head-on " shrimp and save a little per pound on their cost. I couldn't cook without a pair in the kitchen.You'll see how quick the chore of deveining goes JohnL.