🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Bûche de Noël (Yule Log)

E250403b 8a97 4fd7 a55b bb12e496f883  buche de noel yossy arefi 17

I have a question about the recipe "Bûche de Noël (Yule Log)" from yossy arefi. Would it work to make any of the components besides the decorations a day ahead?

asked by Michelle de Lima over 3 years ago

I've never made this particular recipe for Buche, but when I do make it, I do all of it ahead of time. The meringue mushrooms get done 4 or 5 days ahead and kept in an airtight tin. The buche itself gets baked the filling and frosting made and the whole thing assembled the day before. Sometimes two! Cannot imagine doing one along with the rest of the dinner on THE day.

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

I would think the mascarpone filling could be made the day ahead of time. I'd let it sit at room temp for awhile to soften back up before using it.

You could also send the recipe author a direct message to ask by going to her profile page and clicking the envelope button. (http://food52.com/users...)