A question about a recipe: Tangy Teriyaki Salmon

I have a question about the recipe "Tangy Teriyaki Salmon" from Singerinkitchen. Does ground ginger just refer to the dry spice? Or to the pureed jarred ginger?

12bfabfa 6f66 4217 9a64 01ee4d423160  coles phillips2 life
  • Posted by: erinrae
  • December 29, 2013
Tangy Teriyaki Salmon
Recipe question for: Tangy Teriyaki Salmon

Diana B. December 29, 2013
And I'd add to bigpan's comment that a Japanese ginger grater is a fine thing - you can find them at all price points by just Googling, although a microplane will also do a good job. Prepping fresh ginger with either of these goes very quickly and the flavor of fresh ginger over jarred ginger is a revelation.

bigpan December 29, 2013
Note that the pureed ginger in a jar (like garlic in a jar) contains preservative chemicals. It is so easy to use the real thing.
Yes, ground ginger is the dry ginger found in your spice aisle.
I have had great success using real ginger and grating it on the grate side of a box grater. As it is fresh, you will need less - but ohhhh, the flavor you get will astound. You can never go wrong using fresh ingredients - including spices and herbs.

erinrae December 29, 2013
Thank you!

jennyanydots December 29, 2013
Ground ginger refers to the dry spice. Happy cooking!