A question about a recipe: Yogurt Bread with Molasses

E81bb9f4 af79 46f0 bd7d 1e64d3b850ef  untitled 10 of 36 8

I have a question about the recipe "Yogurt Bread with Molasses" from Marian Bull. Is it o.k. to use frozen cranberries in this recipe?

asked by socalfoodie over 4 years ago

Patti in Mississippi

I would think so. Frozen cranberries work fine in exchange for fresh in most recipes. I have done it with a cranberry apple cake.

susanne

i'd say yes. i generally buy a lot of cranberries when they're available, then freeze for use after they disappear from the market. i use them in recipes just like fresh, but their texture does change, so they're best cooked or in baked goods. add a bit of time to the baking as they do chill the dough.

Marian Bull

Definitely okay!

petitbleu

I actually prefer to use frozen fruit in baked goods, as it tends not to "bleed" as you mix it into the batter. This is especially nice for things like scones where you have to knead the dough just a little bit.