A question about a recipe: New Year's Detox Soup

2744dec4 faa6 43ec 8741 914710ce6f04  cauliflower steak6 1

I have a question about the recipe "New Year's Detox Soup" from Poppies and Papayas. What substitute would you suggest for the berbere? I'm allergic to chilies, paprika, and other capsicums. Should I make a blend using berbere as the starting point, but just leave those ingredients out? Thank you. ;o)

You could make your own capsicum free berbere using the traditional spices leaving out the chli peppers. You would get pretty much the same flavor profile without the pepper.

I don't think under those circumstances that I'd choose to make that recipe. There are a lot of other detox recipes to choose that hopefully you can enjoy all the ingredients.

Poppies and Papayas

I think if you made a blend without the chili, it would still give it a great flavor! You could even add a bit more curry powder to get the spice without the chili powder.