A question about a recipe: Divine gluten-free chocolate cookies. No seriously.

0b28378d b71d 43dc a903 21eb37569b34  2012 0925 divine gluten free chocolate cookies james ransom 9184

I have a question about the recipe "Divine gluten-free chocolate cookies. No seriously. " from Jestei. Do you sift the powdered sugar?

asked by Nancy Mck almost 5 years ago

ZombieCupcake

No you should be fine just following the directions as shown

LE BEC FIN

you don't have to but if you do sift dry ingreds for cookies and cakes, the product comes out more tender/lighter. I started doing it awhile ago for this reason.

petitbleu

I always sift two things: powdered sugar and cocoa powder. These two ingredients are particularly prone to clumping, so I find it better to play it safe and spend an extra 2 minutes (if that) sifting. No one wants big clumps of sugar in their dessert.