🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce with Onion and Butter

0fd42e61 84ca 4010 949c d9633b9f0715  md qkywxorbhdiml4ku5nw2mhd702 yp 5 n51owsxu

I have a question about the recipe "Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce with Onion and Butter" from Genius Recipes. How can I incorporate basil into this? Toss it in at the end or let it simmer with? I have some fresh from the store and the SO adores tomato-basil!

asked by batbean over 3 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

I would thinly slice the basil and simmer with the tomatoes. I make a roasted tomato soup this way

Deac5e85 ab6c 4739 826e c35688e6f154  l1020855

A few dollops of fresh pesto would also add color and huge flavor at the end of cooking once plated.