🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Grilled Bratwurst Appetizer with Dijon-Cheddar Fondue, Caramelized Onions, and Basil

Fd1e9c02 0999 4940 af9c 374cb50e3105  dsc 0041

I have a question about the recipe "Grilled Bratwurst Appetizer with Dijon-Cheddar Fondue, Caramelized Onions, and Basil" from VivekS. can I make the cheese fondue ahead and then reheat it?

asked by katekwfb over 3 years ago

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

nooooo. i adore cheese fondue in the winter but boy it does not reheat well. the mass os hardened melted cheese does not like to become smooth and silky again.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I'd say no...there are too many variables and you'd probably end up with grainy cheese.
If you're worried about service just preprep the cheese and store in plastic bags, along with other things that are chopped. and even a plastic of flour and other dry stuff pre-measured. Make it a "kit" format..and through it together at the last moment.